Queen Mum
Friday, June 2, 2017
The title says it all. Just made my mum mad. BUT SHE MADE ME MAD TOO just not as mad at her as she's mad at me for being mad -.-

Told myself two weeks before to not be affected with mum's (harsh) words as she's undergoing menopause. But guess who just flared up cos she requested me to cut an apple for her? Sounds like it shouldn't even be an excuse huh? Now she's asking us to settle dinner ourselves, get groceries ourselves. She ain't gna cook. She's slamming doors and shouting at us. She and 'truth' doesn't click. She thinks she's right and I'm wrong. She's saying that I am being angry at her for making a small request. She's thinks that we thinks that she is very free. Blah blah blah.

Little does she or even I know that this was caused by a built-up of many thoughts. Thoughts of how unfair it is for me and my dad to shoulder all the responsibilities at home. From utility bills to house chores to grocery money while all my mum does was to prepare and cook us dinner, and decide on what grocery to buy on our weekly grocery shopping.

Everyone has their limits. I am angry because everyone has a part to play at home. I was initially fine with her being like this because she does not earn much. But guess what, she now even has a side income which makes her take-home pay higher than us. Yet, she is not contributing. I am mad because more than half of my salary goes to paying bills at home while all she does is pay her own phone bill.

Did i even mention that she 'had-to-top-up' on our grocery money? I was overwhelmed by that statement simply because i thought everyone has to chip in some money since it is something that everyone in the family uses/eats. Wow oh wow so she's saying that both me and my dad's contribution is not enough to cover (obviously cos she doesn't even chip in) and that she has to top up every month (as if she tops up alot.). Come on lah, at least chip in a minimum of $100 lah. UGH.

But, what can we do? It is a lose-lose situation if we bring the topic up. Simply because she's queen mum, everything we say is rubbish. We will always lose cos once she gets angry, we're done. No dinner. FOR THE SAKE OF DINNER OK WTF.


@ 6:06 AM